Searching for, booking, or using Terms of Service
Last Updated: May 10th, 2023
Thank you for using Zymzo!
These Terms of Service for all Users (“Terms”) are a binding legal agreement between you and Zymzo software provider that govern your right to use the websites, applications, and other offerings from Zymzo (collectively, the “Zymzo System”). When used in these Terms, “Zymzo,” “we,” “us,” or “our” refers to the Zymzo entity set out on Schedule 1 with whom you are contracting.
The Zymzo System offers an online venue that enables users (“Members”) to pay for the city tax, service fee, parking, late check-out, early check-in, late check-in and book other services of the Host (“Hosts”). Members who search for, book, or use services are “Guests.” Hosts offer a variety of services through Zymzo (collectively, “Host Services”). Be aware that credit card is needed to be able to finish the check-in (paying for city tax, service fee and security deposit).
You must fill in the guests’ details to access the reserved accommodation and use many features of the Zymzo System. Keep your account information accurate. As the provider of the Zymzo System, Zymzo does not own, control, offer or manage any Host Services, or tourism services. Zymzo is not a party to the between Hosts and Guests, nor is Zymzo a real estate owner.
- Our Mission.
Our mission is to create a system, where you can easily find all the information needed after making reservation of one of the properties we’re software provider for. If you have questions, just message the Host via reservation channel where you made a reservation. You can also write us via email@example.com.
- Making reservation on Zymzo.
- Making reservation
When you make a reservation of a room or apartment (collectively “ Accommodation ”), you are agreeing to pay all charges for your reservation including the city tax, Zymzo service fee, parking (if needed), extra cleaning (if needed) etc.. When you receive the check-in confirmation, the booked property’s details (a “How To“) will unlock on THE DAY OF YOUR ARRIVAL, at your check-in time. It is your responsibility to read and understand these rules, standards, policies, and requirements prior to reservation. Be aware that Zymzo is a software provider and will do everything to make your stay better and easier, but it can only help to improve your stay by informing the rental manager that is hosting or co-hosting your reserved property.
- Late-check-out and number of Guests fee.
If you stay past checkout, you will be charged with security deposit – the amount is defined by your property’s rental manager. You may see the security deposit amount on the reservation. Host and co-host have the right to make you leave in a manner consistent with applicable law, including by imposing reasonable overstay penalties.Double-check the number of guests on the reservation. You may not exceed the number of guests that you made the reservation for and if you do so, you will be charged a fee per person per night – an extra guest fee (this fee is specified by a property’s host), city tax, service fee, plus security deposit. If this should happen and there is not enough bedding available at the time of your arrival, we will do our best to provide you with extra bedding within 24h of your arrival. Most importantly, you may not exceed the maximum number of guests that the accommodation can host. If you do so, you will be charged with a penalty of 1000€ because of breaching legal and house rules.In case you do not leave the property until the check-out time (for the check-out time please see your reservation) and you didn’t pay for late check-out (check the services in our app) upfront, the security deposit is taken, plus you must pay for the late checkout and leave the property until noon. If you do not leave until noon, we charge you an extra day plus you must immediately leave the property.
- Reservations for Other Host Services.
Other Host’s or software provider’s Services (“Services”) may be chosen and paid via Zymzo System. You are responsible to follow all the instructions given in the Services and How to section.
- Cancellations, Refunds and Modifications.
- Cancellations and Refunds. In general, if you cancel your paid Services (such as Zymzo Service fee, parking, tourist tax etc.) the amount refunded to you is determined by the cancellation policy that applies to your reservation. Be aware, that the free cancellation period is the same as it is for the reservation of the property made via the reservation channel. For the refund, the appeal must be sent a maximum of 24 hours after your departure via reservation channel messages.
- Reservation Modifications.
Hosts and Guests are responsible for any reservation modifications they agree to make via the Zymzo System or direct Zymzo customer service to make on their behalf (“Reservation Modifications“) and agree to pay any additional amounts, fees, or taxes associated with any Reservation Modification.
- Your Responsibilities.
You are responsible for your own acts and omissions and are also responsible for the acts and omissions of anyone you invite to join or provide access to any Accommodation or Experience. For example, this means: (i) you are responsible for leaving an Accommodation (and related personal property) in the condition it was in when you arrived, (ii) you are responsible for paying all Damage Claim amounts necessary to cover damage that you, your guest(s), or your pet(s) cause to an Accommodation, and (iii) you must act with integrity, treat others with respect and comply with applicable laws at all times. If you are making a reservation for an additional guest who is a minor or if you bring a minor to a Host Service, you must be legally authorized to act on behalf of the minor and you are solely responsible for the supervision of that minor.
Zymzo may charge fees (and applicable Taxes) to Guests for the right to use the Zymzo System. Any applicable fees are disclosed to Guests before making a reservation via the reservation channel. Zymzo service fees are non-refundable except if you cancel your reservation in a free cancellation period. In this case, your Zymzo fee, if paid, will be refunded.
- Zymzo System Rules.
You must follow these rules and must not help or induce others to break or circumvent these rules.
- Act with integrity and treat others with respect
- Do not lie, misrepresent something or someone, or pretend to be someone else.
- Be polite and respectful when you communicate or interact with others.
- Do not discriminate against or harass others.
- Do not take any action that could damage or adversely affect the performance or proper functioning of the Zymzo System.
- Only use the Zymzo System as authorized by these Terms or another agreement with us
- You may only use another Member’s personal information as necessary to facilitate a transaction using the Zymzo System as authorized by these Terms.
- Do not use the Zymzo System, our messaging tools, or Members’ personal information to send commercial messages without their express consent.
- You may use Content made available through the Zymzo System solely as necessary to enable your use of the Zymzo System as a Guest.
- Do not use Content unless you have permission from the Content owner or the use is authorized by us in these Terms or another agreement you have with us.
- Do not request, make or accept a reservation or any payment outside of the Zymzo System to avoid paying fees, taxes or for any other reason.
- Honor your legal obligations
- Understand and follow the laws that apply to you, including privacy, data protection, and export laws.
- Read and follow our Terms and Privicy Policies
- Do not organize or facilitate unauthorized parties or events. You are responsible and liable for any party or event during your reservation.
- Do not use or register any domain name, social media handle, trade name, trademark, branding, logo or other source identifier that may be confused with Zymzo branding.
- Termination, Suspension and other Measures.
- Term. The agreement between you and Zymzo reflected by these Terms remains in effect until either you or we terminate the agreement in accordance with these Terms.
- Termination. You may terminate this agreement at any time by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Zymzo may terminate this agreement for any reason by giving you 30 days’ notice via email or using any other contact information you have provided for your account. Zymzo may also terminate this agreement immediately and without prior notice and stop providing access to the Zymzo System if (i) you materially breach these Terms or Policies, (ii) you violate applicable laws, or (iii) such action is necessary to protect the personal safety or property of Zymzo software provider, its Guests, or third parties (for example in the case of fraudulent behavior of a Guest).
- Member Violations. If (i) you breach these Terms, our Policies, (ii) you violate applicable laws, regulations or third party rights, (iii)
- Legal Mandates. Zymzo may take any action it determines is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, or the order or request of a court, law enforcement or other administrative agency or governmental body.
- Modification of these Terms.
When we propose changes to these Terms, we will post the revised Terms on the Zymzo page and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of these Terms.
- Security deposit, Service fee and Resolving Complaints and Damage Claims.
- Security deposit
- When is the Security deposit charged?
- If there are more guests at the property than indicated in the reservation: in this case we charge you a security deposit, plus you pay for an extra person (the price is defined by a Host), plus Zymzo fee and city tax.- If you didn’t pay for the late check-in, but then, after our working hours, you send several messages asking for our help, our staff, if possible, will try to get online and help you, but security deposit will be taken.- If you bring a pet into a ‘no-pets allowed’ property.
- In case you do not leave the property until the check-out time (10 a.m.) and you didn’t pay for late check-out (until noon) upfront. In this case, we take the security deposit, plus you must pay for the late check-out and leave the property in 5 minutes. If you do not leave in 5 minutes, we charge you an extra day and you must immediately leave the property.
- If you enter the property before check-in time (4 p.m.) and you didn’t pay for early check-in upfront.
- If you did not separate the garbage in accordance with the given instructions and the law
- If you left your luggage in the room after check-out time.
- If you don’t return the keys to the keybox, where you picked them up (or to another place according to the instructions of the property you stayed in).
- If you lose the keys.
- If you damage the keybox.
- If you lose or don’t return the parking card or parking remote, when provided.
- If you paid for the parking, but haven’t inserted you license plate via app.
- If you used the parking but haven’t paid for it (in this case you have to pay for the parking for the whole period of your stay, plus a security deposit is taken).
- If you used more than one parking spot (and you parked over the parking line – in this case you have to pay for the extra parking used, for the whole period of your stay, plus a security deposit is taken).
- If you take/steal a towel, a blanket, linen, a pillow etc.
- If you spill something on the bed, pillow, or blanket and extra cleaning must be performed.
- If you disable any of the security devices etc. in the installation (such as a smoke detector, shower handle etc.) your security deposit will be forfeited.- If you damage or break any furniture or other interior (mirror bed, chair etc.)- If you do not respect house rules (such as no smoking, no parties etc.)- If you needlessly request our assistance about an appliance, lockbox (keybox), parking card, etc. not working and our staff upon arrival determines that the error was caused by you not reading/following the instructions or following the video tutorial.- If there is a complaint during your stay that it is solved in positive way and you still give a bad review after you leave (for example if you were not satisfied with the cleaning and you got the full refund, etc.)- If you give false review after your stay (for example you give low score because there is no elevator, but elevator is not listed in the description / if you write about being far from centre, more than 2 km and a long walk, when Google Maps says it is 1.6km and a 17 minutes walk etc.)- If after the reservation, before your arrival, you need a document (such as a voucher for the visa etc.), you have to make an online check-in. If you later cancel your reservation, which is still in the free cancellation period, we will refund you for the stay, cleaning and city tax, but we will keep the service fee and security deposit.
- Service fee
- Resolving Complaints and Damage Claims If a Host or Cleaning staff provides valid evidence that you, your guest(s), or your pet(s) culpably damaged the complaining Host’s real or personal property, or real or personal property the complaining Host is responsible for, including consequential damages, (“Damage Claim”), the complaining Host can notify Zymzo and/or seek compensation. You will be notified of the Damage Claim and Zymzo will charge you the security deposit. The host will charge you the amount needed to repair or replace the damaged furniture etc…You agree to cooperate in good faith, provide any information Zymzo or Host requests, execute documents, and take further reasonable action, in connection with Damage Claims, Host complaints, claims under insurance policies, or other claims related to your provision or use of Host Services.
- Zymzo’s Role.
We offer you the right to use a system that enables Guests to publish, offer, search for, and book Host Services. When Guests make a reservation (through one of the reservation channels), they are entering into a contract directly with each other. Zymzo is not and does not become a party in any contractual relationship between Guests and Hosts. Zymzo is not acting as an agent for any Guests except for where Zymzo Payments acts as a collection agent. While we work hard to ensure our Guests have great experiences using Zymzo system and Hosts’ properties, we do not and cannot control the conduct or performance of Guests and Hosts and do not guarantee the truth or accuracy of any Listing descriptions, Reviews, or other Content provided by Hosts. You acknowledge that Zymzo has the right to review, disable access to, remove, or edit Content to: (i) operate, secure and improve the Zymzo System (including for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation and customer support purposes); (ii) ensure Guests’ compliance with these Terms; (iii) comply with applicable law or the order or requirement of a court, law enforcement or other administrative agency or governmental body; and (iv) address Content that we determine is harmful or objectionable. You may appeal such a decision by contacting our customer service at email@example.com. Guests agree to cooperate with and assist Zymzo in good faith, and to provide Zymzo with such information and take such actions as may be reasonably requested by Zymzo with respect to any investigation undertaken by Zymzo regarding the use or abuse of the Zymzo System
We do not endorse or warrant the existence, conduct, performance, safety, quality, legality or suitability of any Guest, Host, Property or third party and we do not warrant that verification, identity or background checks conducted on Members (if any) will identify past misconduct or prevent future misconduct. We are not responsible for outages or disruptions of the Internet and telecommunications infrastructure which are beyond our control and can lead to interruptions in the availability of the Zymzo System. Zymzo may, temporarily and under consideration of the Members’ legitimate interests (e.g. by providing prior notice), restrict the availability of the Zymzo System or certain features thereof, if this is necessary in view of capacity limits, the security or integrity of our servers, or to carry out maintenance measures that ensure the proper or improved functioning of the Zymzo System.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold Zymzo harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with: (i) your breach of these Terms or our Policies, (ii) your improper use of the Zymzo System, (iii) your interaction with any Hosts, stay at an Accommodation, participation or other Host Service, including without limitation any injuries, losses or damages (whether compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of such interaction, stay, participation or use, (iv) your failure, or our failure at your direction, to accurately report, collect or remit Taxes, or (v) your breach of any laws, regulations or third party rights such as intellectual property or privacy rights. The indemnification obligation only applies if and to the extent that the claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses have been adequately caused by your culpable breach of a contractual obligation.
- Contracting Entities.
Zymzo is a software provider for the property you booked via one of the reservation channels. Based on your country of residence or establishment and what you are doing on the Zymzo System, Schedule 1 below sets out the Zymzo entity with whom you are contracting
- Applicable law and Jurisdiction.
These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with Slovenian law. As a consumer, you may bring any judicial proceedings relating to these Terms before the competent court of Zymzo’s place of business in Slovenia. If Zymzo wishes to enforce any of its rights against you as a consumer, we may do so only in the courts of the jurisdiction in which you are a resident. If you are acting as a business, you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Slovenian courts.
- Interpreting these Terms. Except as they may be supplemented by additional terms, conditions, policies, guidelines, standards, and in-product disclosures, these Terms constitute the entire agreement between Zymzo and you pertaining to your access to or use of the Zymzo System and supersede any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between Zymzo and you. These Terms do not and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon anyone other than you and Zymzo. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be struck and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- No Waiver. Zymzo’s failure to enforce any right or provision in these Terms will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by us in writing. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise permitted under law.
- Notice. Unless specified otherwise, any notices or other communications to Guests permitted or required under this agreement, will be provided electronically and given by Zymzo via email, Zymzo System notification, messaging service (including SMS, Viber or WhatAPP Chat), or any other contact method we enable you to provide.
- Third-Party Services. The Zymzo System may contain links to third-party websites, applications, services or resources (“Third-Party Services”) that are subject to different terms and privacy practices. Zymzo is not responsible or liable for any aspect of such Third-Party Services and links to such Third-Party Services are not an endorsement.
- Zymzo System Content. Content made available through the Zymzo System may be protected by copyright, trademark, and/or other laws of Slovenia and other countries. You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights for that Content are the exclusive property of Zymzo and/or its licensors and agree that you will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices. You may not use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works of, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, broadcast or otherwise exploit any Content.
- Force Majeure. Zymzo shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside its reasonable control, including, but not limited to war, terrorism, riots, embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, epidemics or disease, strikes or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.
- Emails and SMS. You will receive administrative communications from us using the email address or other contact information you provide when making a reservation of one of the properties Zymzo is software provider for.
- Contact Us. Zymzo Help is provided between 8 am and 8 pm local time. If you paid late check-in up to 10 pm or 12 pm help is provided on the day of your arrival until paid hour. If you have any questions about these Terms please email us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule 1 – Contracting Entities
|YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE OR ESTABLISHMENT:||YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE ZYMZO PLATFORM:||ZYMZO CONTRACTING ENTITY:||CONTACT INFORMATION:|
|All countries||Self check-in.|
Paying for city tax, paying for additional service (parking, towels, extra cleaning, early check-in, late check-in, late check-out etc.),
paying for lost keys, paying for demages etc.
|Zymzo d.o.o.||Ilirska ulica 21, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia|
| || || |
|All other activities.|| || |